Employee Benefits Coordinator
Purpose of Job:
Under the supervision of the Director of Human Resources, the Employee Benefits Coordinator is responsible for maintaining enrollment, recordkeeping and payment of employee fringe benefits for the employees of the University. Lends support to the Director of Human Resources by performing the following duties.
Education and Work Experience
Bachelors degree in Human Resources or related field; or four years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily in a congenial manner. Professionalism and confidentiality must be maintained at all times. The individual should possess:
- Strong customer service, effective communication and listening skills, and have the ability to interact well with all employees.
- Working knowledge of federal regulations as related to employment and benefit administration such as ACA, ADA, FLSA, FMLA, COBRA, ERISA, HIPAA, etc.
- Level of comfort working with spreadsheets and possess a strong understanding of accounting concepts.
- Reasoning ability -- ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain and audit fringe benefit files for all employees. Administer enrollment for all fringe benefits plans. Answer questions pertaining to these benefits and enrollment or termination. Act as a liaison between employees and the Business Agent. Create an atmosphere for change and willingness to answer requests from multiple constituents on a regular basis.
- Conduct and administer new hire orientation with employees and provide timely follow up on training requirements.
- Maintain and manage the Colleague and HR databases with enrollment, terminations and changes.
- Distribute policy and procedure manuals & communications to employees enrolled in fringe benefits plans.
- Monitor new employee’s enrollment in benefits plans according to ERISA.
- Compile all fringe benefits billings to compare with actual enrollment by employees in various plans. Regularly reconcile variances with payroll. Notify COBRA third party administrator of employees who become eligible for benefits.
- Regularly monitor employees’ eligibility into the retirement plans.
- Administer 1095-C process: collecting monthly data and annually submitting forms to IRS, while maintaining compliance with ACA regulations.
- Assist with calculating annual budget for employee benefits.
- Assist with compilation and distribution of annual compensation analysis reports for all fulltime employees.
- Support the Director with plans for the wellness program each year.
- Assist with planning special Human Resources events.
- Maintain departmental web presence on intranet, update social media as needed.
- Other functions related to the scope of the benefits office as needed.
To apply for this position, submit a letter of interest and resume in electronic format to Elizabeth Pace at email@example.com.