Instructional Design and Technology Specialist
The Instructional Design and Technology Specialist supports the Director and Office of Curriculum Development in the creation of quality, transformative eLearning content in coordination with assigned Subject Matter Experts. The candidate will apply LMS and third-party plug ins to increase student engagement, enhance the overall learning experience, and to ensure ADA compliance. Other duties that support faculty and students may be assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with subject matter experts on innovative design and learning outcomes.
- Apply professional instructional design competencies.
- Create original, interactive content.
- Innovate curriculum using graphics, audio/video, and gaming/simulations.
- Create interactive rubrics.
- Explore, evaluate, and learn new techniques and technologies to enhance student learning.
- Implement ADA compliance for course content.
- Serve as back-up to support online student and faculty technology requests.
- Support the Division of Adult Learning in webinars and presentations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Problem Solver
- Able to excel with project management
- Tech savvy
- Able to oversee committees of faculty
- Comfortable utilizing university software and data systems
- Can assist faculty in time sensitive technology needs
- Communicates effectively with faculty, students, and staff
- Independently able to work and oversee others to complete projects/ large processes
- Webinar/Video production experience
- College level teaching and administrative experience
- Supervise student workers
Education and/or Experience
The position is Master’s degree required, Doctorate preferred. Instructional design experience and training, along with college teaching experience desired.
This position will require a high level critical thinking to help faculty and SMEs work through issues that arise with DAL curriculum development. Working with multiple SMEs at a time to develop and redevelop courses for online programs requires an eye for detail.
Resumes may be submitted electronically to Davonna Parker, Assistant to the Executive Director of Division of Adult Learning, at Davonnaparker@leeuniversity.edu.