Coordinator of Production – Writing and Directing
Purpose of Job
The Coordinator of Production – Writing and Directing position entails writing and directing creative cinematic narrative and documentary style content for the purpose of the digital marketing of Lee University. The job primarily focuses on creatively expressing and translating the heart of the university.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication or related sub-field including Digital Media or Telecommunication required.
- Master’s Degree in Communication or Master’s of Fine Arts in Directing, or Screen Writing preferred
- Current Demo/Resume Reel
- Cinematic storytelling
- Direct a variety of shooting styles: narrative, documentary, commercial, long-form, and studio-driven camera applications.
- Ability to operate cinema cameras
- Ability to work in a team-based production environment, including students
- Strong communication skills
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud – Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Photoshop
- Self-motivated to see a project from concept to completion
- Close familiarity to the Lee University story and mission
Essential Job Functions
- Develop creative story and visual concepts
- Writing cinematic content for digital marketing via web and social media
- Directing creative content productions
- Schedule and organize productions
- Coordinate with department director, media services staff, and students in the development and execution of creative content production
- Coordinate on-set production
- Shooting and editing single camera productions
- Assist in all operational aspects of Media Services
- Work well with student workers, assistants, and interns to create outside the classroom learning experiences
- Positively reflect Lee University in both production and personal interactions
- Role flexibility
To apply, please submit a letter of interest, resume, and portfolio and/or demo reel, to Jeff Salyer, Director of Media Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.