PURPOSE OF JOB
The Programmer/Analyst II is under the direct supervision of the Director of IT Systems. The Programmer/Analyst II is responsible for carrying out the tasks assigned by the Director of IT Systems for the development and application support division of the department of IT Systems. Accomplishes software requirements by developing and maintaining applications and databases.
A Bachelors Degree in computer related field or equivalent certificate or certification is a plus. The Programmer/Analyst II must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and must be task oriented and able to work on 2 to 3 medium to large projects simultaneously. A positive attitude in a high pressure environment is a must. Familiarity with system development life cycle methodology, basic testing strategies, object oriented programming, basic understanding of ANSI SQL, relational databases, procedural and web programming/design is a plus.
- Translate Strategic Objectives from the Director into management objectives
- Understand and execute IT Systems guidelines
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Organize and manage complex tasks
- Work outside the normal business hours as the position demands
- Able to mentor and manage multiple teams to the accomplishment of organizational goals
- Participate in medium to large projects as a team member
To apply, please submit a letter of interest, resume, portfolio, and references to Nate Tucker, Director of IT Systems at
- Working within the framework of the system development life cycle methodology.
- Carrying out tasks assigned by Director of IT Systems within the development and application support division
- Programming for Windows/Web environment within the departmental standards.
- Participating and confirming program operation standardized test plans as outlined in departmental standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Communicating with the client community during various project phases.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Develops and maintains applications and databases by evaluating client needs; analyzing requirements; developing software systems.
- Development of report and interfaces as required.
- May perform other duties as assigned by the Director of IT Systems.