Assistant Professor in Education
The Helen DeVos College of Education at Lee University invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track position starting August 1, 2019. This position, Assistant Professor in Education, will be situated in the department of Early Childhood, Elementary, and Special Education.
Applicants should have a Ph.D. or Ed.D in Elementary Education or in a related field, with demonstrated expertise and passion for teaching. Experience in the areas of curriculum instruction, pedagogy (methods), literacy, or assessment is required.
Responsibilities may include teaching courses in early childhood, principles of education, methods for teaching early childhood and elementary students, curriculum instruction, literacy, and assessment. Experience in teaching in the range of Pre-K to 8th grade is required and college teaching experience is preferred.
Lee University is a Christian liberal arts institution with approximately 5,000 students, 4,400 of which are residential. The Helen DeVos College of Education is fully accredited through CAEP and serves some 900 majors enrolled in graduate and undergraduate curricula.
Lee University faculty candidates will be expected to demonstrate: a strong Christian commitment, compatibility with the university’s lifestyle agreement, teaching ability at the college level, a willingness to mentor students academically and professionally, and an understanding of integrating Christian faith into courses.
Minority and women applicants are encouraged to apply. Salary and rank are based on qualifications and experience.
Applicants should forward the following, via email to Dr. Patricia McClung (email@example.com)
- a scanned copy of your completed faculty application (available here ),
- a letter of intent,
- a current curriculum vita,
- a statement of Christian faith regarding your religious conversion and Christian commitment,
- a statement detailing how you will integrate faith into your teaching, and
- contact information for at least three references. Letters of recommendation will be requested directly; please do not include them with application materials.