The Gift Officer is responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding prospective donors for gifts up to $10,000 in support of Lee University’s fundraising initiatives. This position also manages an active portfolio of at least 100+ prospects and works closely with the Vice President for University Relations to strengthen relationships and increase philanthropic support for Lee.
- Manages portfolio of approximately 100+ prospects and donors with specific goals and benchmarks intended to secure gifts up to $10,000.
- Identifies, strategically cultivates, solicits, and steward donors with this philanthropic capacity.
- Develops and executes prospect management plans and solicitation strategies; conducts outreach, schedules appointments, and communicates results and appropriate assessments; and drafts proposals and engages in ongoing cultivation of and correspondence with potential donors to Lee University.
- Executes assigned Digital Solicitation strategies to secure Annual Alumni Fund commitments from assigned prospects.
- Meets and exceeds goals for monthly visits, solicitations and commitments, and effectively manages a large group of prospects.
- Documents fundraising progress through call reports, cultivation strategy updates, and other communication materials as necessary.
- Promotes university priorities to constituents. Serves as frontline staff to advance campaign goals and objectives.
- Maintains current knowledge of university-wide institutional priorities.
- Assists with and participates in all University Advancement functions and campaign events as necessary.
- Participates in frequent regional travel.
- Monitors travel budget and expenditures.
- Represents the University in various institutional divisions as well as the general public and local community.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituents in a diverse community.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills in prioritizing workflow and managing resources.
- Ability to manage and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to multi-task and demonstrate sound judgment and discretion.
- Detail-oriented in coordinating activities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google apps, and other relevant software.
- Ability to research, collect, and analyze data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Knowledge of the University policies and procedures, or ability to acquire knowledge in a short period.
- Ability to be a team player and willingness to take initiative.
- Ability to travel locally and nationally as necessary, approximately 50% of the time.
- Ability to meet requirements of the University's automobile insurance.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Previous experience working in higher education or not-for-profit environment.
- Previous experience in direct fundraising or direct sales.
- Possesses an understanding of the donor cycle.
- Knowledge and clear understanding of Lee University.
- Previous experience with frequent travel.
- Responsible for own work; meets goals for monthly visits, solicitations and commitments.
- Responsible for monitoring travel and entertainment budget.
To apply, please submit a letter of interest, resume, and references to Amber Morris, Administrative Assistant to the Vice President for University Relations at email@example.com.