Academic Records Specialist
The Academic Records Specialist will have full knowledge of and abide by the provisions detailed in this job description as well as all written or verbal policies, procedures, and instructions established by the administration as afforded in Lee University’s Staff Handbook.
Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2-5 years of experience in high traffic, multi-tasking office setting
Skill Requirements and Qualifications
Required Technical Skills
- Advanced computer literacy with strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to learn new computer applications including a complex student database.
- Ability to tend to detail of all job aspects applying strong organizational skills.
- Ability to input and keep accurate data and records ensuring the reliability and completeness of information.
- Ability to prioritize duties and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Exhibit strong use of English grammar and the ability to create clear and professional documents and reports.
Required Personal Skills
- Capable of maintaining confidentiality of university records.
- Ability to exercise judgment by making rational and appropriate decisions.
- Ability to act with integrity and honesty always.
- Capacity to be a team player and maintain appropriate relationships with co-workers.
- Ability to treat all coworkers and students with respect.
- Willingness to promote a Christ-like atmosphere in ethical, moral, and professional behavior in the office environment.
- Offer a friendly demeanor with an attitude of service to others.
- Interested in self-improvement and willingness to learn new skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, faculty, staff, and external constituents.
- Ability to accept and respond to constructive criticism, guidance, and suggestions.
- Ability to carry out instructions given by the Registrar.
Essential Job Functions
- Serve as liaison from Records Office to the Office of Academic Events for graduation duties managed by Records for all national and international sites of Lee University
- Receive and manage candidate lists, honors awards/certificates for graduation events
- Post honors status and confer degrees earned for graduation candidates into our database
- Order and prepare diploma covers, diplomas, mailing supplies for distribution at graduation and shipping following
- Order and prepare graduation Bibles for signing and distribution at commissioning
- Manage holds from campus offices against diploma release
- Manage set-up for and distribution of diplomas, remaining Bibles and storage of all following ceremony
- Maintain STRK notes relative to current and past graduations, documents, processes, and student issues and requests
- Maintain official graduation file documents for e-vault and hard-copy vault folder
- Order and manage replacement diploma requests
- Order and manage international student diplomas
- Coordinate Apostilled documents
- Assist the Registrar with projects, as requested
- Answer phones and direct inquiries appropriately
- Support office student phone and in-person traffic relative to enrollment issues
- Support Records office in all enrollment events, both live and electronic
- Make student schedule changes as needed (adds/drops/withdrawals)
- Change name/addresses of current students
- Assist Records staff during peak times with keying on transfer work, schedule revisions, and block registration (Nursing, LEAP, Freshmen Cohort)
- Process Encore registrations
- Manage process and registration for Directed Studies, Proficiency Exams, iMass
- Research and update academic records as needed
- Enter grades and process grade changes, as needed
- Miscellaneous academic records activity in our SIS/Colleague, scanned vault, and physical vault.
- Additional functions related to the scope of the Registrar’s Office as needed
Interested persons should apply via email to Erin Looney, University Registrar:
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your resume, cover letter, and a Lee University application. Click here to download an application. In your cover letter, please address the following:
- Career path and personal goals
- If hired, date you are available to begin employment
- What you can give to Lee and what you would expect to gain from Lee
- Strengths & skills specific to this job (especially use of technology/computer skills)
- Expected salary range